Friday, September 9, 2011

Hot Off My Press in "Alphabet Soup Show"




The Roundtable Discussion and Opening Reception at the O'Hanlon Center For the Arts on Tuesday was a lot of fun. There was a good turn out of artists who came to talk about their work.


Kathleen Burch, Juror, Book Artist, Letterpresser, Co-Founder of the San Francisco Center For the Book, talked about the literal and figurative use of words in the varied artworks including paintings, sculptures, prints and drawings, and mixed media collage. She loved how I used the printed plastic bags for visual texture, to describe a "lacy ruffled trim" on my heat-fused dress, "Hot Off My Press". Members from NCWCA, including Gretchen Blais and Kelly Hammergen, both had works selected by Kathleen, as you can see in attached photos.



One of my favorite pieces, "TRUTH", by fiber artist, Zona Sage, says it all about the nature of plastic and how it is impacting our environment and our health.




Mark your calendar for the next juried show at O'Hanlon Center For the Arts, called "What's the Big Idea?", www.ohanloncenter.org, where artists will strut their stuff with entries about conceptual art. Catch my new works, made with heat-fused plastics, where I have something to say about the sunnier side of life, "On The Beach".

No comments:

Post a Comment