Sunday, May 16, 2010

Personal Creativity Workshop at O'Hanlon Center for the Arts

Day 3

Today, we arrived to find pieces of yellowed paper pinned to the Magic Wall. Cayan asked us to talk about what we saw in the paper, then we had fun with it and made 3D art. We gave a sound and a movement to our pieces. Then, we used egg cartons, cardboard boxes, and whatever else we wanted to work with to create artworks. I made a pair or earrings and a necklace out of the egg cartons, colored with red and purple chalk pastels. After returning from the restroom, I noticed a red netted vegetable bag hanging on the shelf where we store the children's tempera paints. I wore the red tube as a necklace through lunch, then played with in the mirror as a possible hat, until it dawned on me that it would make a lovely bracelet. Fashionined in the Spirit of Richard Tuttle's work, according to Cayan, I enjoyed the best of the unplanned and imperfect nature of Wabi-Sabi.

After everybody went home, I stayed longer and explored tempera paint and sumi ink on fingerpainting paper. Fingerpainting paper has a similar smooth surface as Hot Press watercolor paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment