Friday, June 18, 2010

Submission of Artwork to Marin County Fair

Another milestone! I got my artworks to the Marin County Fair on time on Friday. I submitted 6 artworks including my oil paintings, "Camargue Dream" and "Fire Spirit", in beautiful frames purchased at Cheap Pete's in San Rafael, an iPhone painting called, "Keep That Dogie Rollin" that gave me a good education on "resolution" when I had it printed on photopaper at Marin Filmworks in San Rafael. It looks great on the screen, but when I had it printed it came out blurry. Ugh! The iPhone app called "Brushes" might be a great little painting program, but when it comes to printing a hard copy of my painting, it sure leaves a lot to be desired. My wearable art, under the title, "Walkin' on Eggshells", also gave me an education. A year ago, when I wore it in my final critique, "Breaking Thru", it was the hottest day of the year, and the vinyl melted in the car! I really wasn't sure if I could recover it's original shape, but over time while hanging on a dress stand, it worked out the "kinks". Plus, I discovered rather late that a key piece in the shoulder of the dress was missing! UGH. So, I recut the piece, using a technique I perfected while working on the shoes and hat, eggshelled it in record time, and it looked great. My first artbook, "Return to Oz", turned heads when I dropped it off. But, my pride and joy, is my silverpoint drawing, "Hi Ho Silver", which looks elegant in its silver colored frame. So, we'll see tomorrow if my artworks are accepted by the jurors.

No comments:

Post a Comment